Dear Publishers, Publicists, and Authors:
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope my review policies are helpful but if not, feel free to contact me before sending me any review requests!
Book Review Requests
I accept both physical and ebook (MOBI) copies of ARC/Review books. I do, however, prefer physical books. I suffer from chronic migraines and ebooks are harder and take a bit longer for me to read. Please keep this in mind before sending me review requests.
*If you would like to contact me for a review, please use my Contact page and let me know the following:
1) Book Title, Description, and any pertinent information I need as a reviewer. Please provide a Link to the book if possible.
2) If your book is an upcoming new release, please specify if you have a certain timeframe you need/want the book reviewed.
If I accept your book for review, I will accommodate all review request dates and timeframes. Because of these timelines my schedule can get full and I may have to pass on your book. Please try (if you can) and place your request a few months in advance. If you do not have a specific timeframe for reading/reviewing and I am interested in your book, there is a much higher chance that your book will be accepted.
Although I would like to be able to respond to every book review request that I receive, it is usually not possible. If I have not answered your review request in a timely manner (usually within two weeks) then I’m more than likely either 1} already booked full during the timeframe you would need reviews, 2) not taking more review requests at that time or 3) I simply am not interested in reading your book. However, you will get a response if I am interested in reviewing your book. Thank you for understanding.
When Writing My Reviews
I promise to give you a completely honest and unbiased review and all opinions are my own.
If you have not specified a timeframe for reviews, I will post my reviews up to 7 days before publication date OR on the publication date for new releases. This way I will gain the most traction and momentum for your book as I can around the date of release. If your book is a previously published book, the review posting may be more random. Please contact me with any other questions about this.
My Review Policies
*Please note: My acceptance of a book does not guarantee you a review. I personally reserve the right not to finish or review any book that I have either accepted or requested.
I don’t typically write full reviews for 1-2 star reads (especially if i DNF) because:
1) I do not believe that it is fair to the publishers/authors to write a lengthy critical review.
2) I personally prefer to not write negative reviews on my blog since I want my blog to only showcase reads that I liked.
For these reasons, I will keep my blog review posts for my 3+ star reads. 1-2 star reads may get a mini review mid-year or end of year here on the blog, but WILL get a brief review on my Goodreads page or my Instagram. When I have received a book through NetGalley, I will always leave a brief review or DNF explanation.
My Preferred Genres
These are the genres that I read and review
(please take my tastes into consideration before sending me a request)
- Young Adult Fiction (any sub-genre)
- Historical Fiction
- Romance (I am particular in my Romantic tastes. RomCom, Romantic Suspense, Historical Romance-especially Regency Romance, Young Adult Romance and Sweet/Clean Romances are all generally up my alley. Please No Erotica or Erotic Romance – I will not review books where sex is the main premise of the story. [ex. Authors: E.L. James or Sylvia Day] That being said, I am not opposed to books where there are brief sexual/steamy scenes and occurrences.)
Other genres I sometimes enjoy:
- Middle Grade Fiction
- Mystery/Suspense [Please No Horror]
- Christian Fiction
I will occasionally also review:
- Cookbooks (especially as they pertain to baking- YUM!)
- Children’s Books- I love to read and discuss them with my girls!
I do not typically read:
- Erotica/Erotic Romance
Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions!
Thank you for visiting my blog!