Dear Publishers, Publicists, and Authors:
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope my review policies are helpful but if not, feel free to contact me before sending me any review requests!
Book Review Requests:
I accept both physical and ebook (MOBI) copies of ARC/Review books. I do, however, prefer physical books. I suffer from chronic migraines and ebooks are harder and take a bit longer for me to read. Please keep this in mind before sending me review requests.
*If you would like to contact me for a review, please use my Contact page and let me know the following:
1) Book Title, Description, and any pertinent information I need as a reviewer. Please provide a Link to the book if possible.
2) If you are a Publisher, Publicists or Author and your book is an upcoming new release, please specify if you have a certain timeframe you need/want the book reviewed.
If I accept your book for review, I will accommodate all review request dates and timeframes. Because of these timelines my schedule can get full and I may have to pass on your book. Please try (if you can) and place your request a few months in advance. If you do not have a specific timeframe for reading/reviewing and I am interested in your book, there is a much higher chance that your book will be accepted.
Although I would like to be able to respond to every book review request that I receive, it is usually not possible. If I have not answered your review request in a timely manner (usually within two weeks) then I’m more than likely not taking more review requests at the time or simply am not interested in reading your book. However, you will get a response if I am interested in reviewing your book. Thank you for understanding.
When Writing My Reviews:
I promise to give you a completely honest and unbiased review and all opinions are my own.
If you have not specified a timeframe for reviews, I will post my reviews up to 7 days before publication date OR on the publication date. This way I will gain the most traction and momentum for your book as I can around the date of release.
My Review Policies:
*Please note: My acceptance of a book does not guarantee you a review. I personally reserve the right not to finish or review any book that I have either accepted or requested.
I don’t typically write full reviews for 1-2 star reads (especially if i DNF) because:
1) I do not believe that it is fair to the publishers/authors to write a lengthy critical review.
2) I personally prefer to not write negative reviews on my blog since I want my blog to only showcase my favorite reads.
For these reasons, I will keep my blog review posts for my 3+ star reads. 1-2 star reads may get a mini review mid-year or end of year here on the blog. They will all get a brief review on my Goodreads page or my Instagram. When I have received a book through NetGalley, I will always leave a brief review or DNF explanation.
My Preferred Genres
These are the genres that I read and review
(please take my tastes into consideration before sending me a request)
- Young Adult Fiction (any sub-genre)
- Mystery/Suspense [Please No Horror]
- Romance (I am particular in my Romantic tastes. RomCom, Romantic Suspense, Historical Romance-especially Regency Romance, Young Adult Romance and Sweet/Clean Romances are all generally up my alley. Please No Erotica or Erotic Romance – I will not review books where sex is the main premise of the story. [ex. Authors: E.L. James or Sylvia Day] That being said, I am not opposed to books where there are brief sexual/steamy scenes and occurrences.)
Other genres I sometimes enjoy:
- Middle Grade Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Christian Fiction
I will occasionally also review:
- Cookbooks (especially as they pertain to baking- YUM!)
- Children’s Books- I love to read and discuss them with my girls!
I do not typically read:
Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions!
Thank you for visiting my blog!